Tuesday, June 1, 2010

It's my job to party. No, but actually

Lisa:

Basically, My job= amaaaazing.

It is currently midnight, just finished about an hour ago. My shift today was 2 pm-10:30 pm.

I spent the first half of the day working on some random bullshit for the owner. Mainly marketing stuff to find out the main websites foreigners check to find out which restaurants they should eat at in shanghai, and see whether or not our restaurant is listed there. If not, find out if I can get it listed there, and how i can get people to review it positively.

At night, starting at 7, we had the Royal Canin (Dog Food) corporation host their party at the restaurant. I didn't know before, but apparently, they are our most important clients thus far of the year! It was a party of ALL the general managers of the corporation from around the world. Anyway, i started of as a hostess, greeting the people who came in, making sure they went the right way etc. But then Jake let me off, and was like, "as an events person, you gotta go mingle. Now go get a glass of wine, it'll be good for your throat (told him the previous story), and go enjoy yourself." I was hesitant at first, but then was like, OKAY, if you insist!

It was a bit awkward at first trying to inch myself into random conversations with old business men, but it ended up being AWESOME. I spent a large majority of the night talking with 4 general managers of the corporation from 4 different countries!! Austria, Germany, Finland, and Switzerland. They invited me to sit down to dinner, and offered me food and drinks etc. Got like 5-6 free glasses of wine out of it, free dessert, and 4 new places to stay if I so decide to take a Eurotrip in the near future! Sooo much networking, but oooh so much fun (if/when it works out).

No comments:

Post a Comment